Tom Ford - Oud Wood Review

 

Tom Ford Oud Wood





Hey guys, today I’m reviewing Oud Wood by Tom Ford. It was released in 2007 and the nose behind this bona fide classic is Richard Herpin.


In the opening I get, well, exactly what the name would suggest. I get a nice, soft yet unmistakable (cleaner) Oud with other woody coming from Brazilian Rosewood and Sandalwood. In the first 5 minutes, there’s a bit of a bite with the woods but after that, they become a bit less loud.
In the mid I definitely get vanilla, it helps to fill in any gaps that the oud/wood needed. There’s a bit of cardamom in here as well, but it does generally smell similar to the opening. That said, I’m still very pleased since the opening is so alluring.


In the base it definitely gets quite soft, maybe too soft for its own good, but it’s okay because that assists it with being a signature scent. It’s back to smelling how it did in the opening, but with an approach that’s a bit more dialed back. Here, you’ll mainly find Oud and Sandalwood, the Brazilian Rosewood is barely here but that’s fine since this is essentially a skin scent now, I don’t need too much bite.


I think that this is a perfect scent for work. It’s light enough to where you won’t offend anyone, but those who do smell it will really love it. I love this as a signature scent and whilst it’s not mine at the moment, I would applaud anyone who chose it to be their rock. This isn’t loud, this isn’t a statement, but this is luxury and class in a bottle, I can’t be mad at that.


"A signature creation known for its sophisticated blend of oud and spices, offering a warm and luxurious fragrance experience."

About Product:


  • Brand Tom Ford
  • Item Form Liquid
  • Item Volume 50 Milliliters
  • Scent Oud Wood
  • Special Feature Not Tested On Animals

Reviews:

Reviewed in the United States on June 14, 2024
My husband loves this scent. I bought this smaller bottle because I wasnot sure if he would like it....he loves the smell and stated he is going to buy a lager size so he never runs out :)
Thank you

Reviewed in the United States on June 3, 2024
One person found this helpful


100% Verified Reviews

Content Writer | Open for work | Niches: Writing, Relationships, Parenting, Pets, Technology, Makeup whatnot :)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post